A basement, by definition, refers to one or more floors of a building that is either partially or completely located underground. In homes, the basement can take the form of a cellar and is often used as a storage space. Sometimes, it can also be used as a residential space.
Mainly, wet basements can be caused due to water running in or due to condensation. The common causes include
- Sewer water from clogged lines.
- Run off water that stagnates as it is unable to flow due to reasons like blocked gutters.
- High ground water levels that lead to seepage.
- Bad use or improper use of sealants
The common problems because of wet basements include
- Musty smell and fungal growth on walls
- Efflorescence and plaster peeling off the walls
- Rotting wood and carpets
All of the above can cause innumerable health problems and also slowly start to impair the structural integrity of the building. Hence, it is important that they are fixed at the earliest. Call in a reliable waterproofing contractor today and lead a tension free lifestyle!For more details visit us https://www.waterproofingservice.com/